Residential window tint is a thin film that is applied to the interior or exterior of windows in homes. It is typically made of polyester or other polymeric materials and is available in a range of colors and shades.
There are several benefits to using residential window tint:
- Energy efficiency: Window tint can block a significant amount of solar heat, which can help to keep your home cooler in the summer. This can reduce the strain on your air conditioning system and lower your energy bills.
- UV protection: Window tint can block up to 99% of harmful UV rays, which can fade and damage your furniture, carpets, and other household items.
- Privacy: Window tint can make it more difficult for people to see inside your home, which can provide an additional layer of privacy.
- Glare reduction: Window tint can reduce glare from the sun, which can make it easier to see your television or computer screen and reduce eyestrain.
- Safety: Window tint can hold shattered glass in place if the window is broken, which can provide an additional layer of protection in the event of an accident or break-in.
Overall, residential window tint can help to improve the comfort, energy efficiency, and privacy of your home.